Friday, February 27, 2009

A real feel good day


Ever have one of those moments that stays with you??


I had one today. Just have to share.


I was eating lunch today with a co-worker, when he all of a sudden turned purple.


It was obvious that part of the burger he had been eating got stuck in his throat.


Years ago I had taken a CPR certification class. So I got behind him and did the heimlich maneuver. Out came the burger. In came the fresh air again.


So many times lunch breaks happen all alone. Gosh, I am glad I had lunch at the same time he did today. So is he.


I feel really good. Like there was a real purpose to the day.

2 comments:

SeattleDan said...

Excellent, dee!. Hearing your story makes ME feel better today, too.

Tammy said...

Yay deesue!

Calm thinking and quick action. You're a hero!