Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Out of the darkness comes..


Sometimes the emotions of the world around me, can consume me. Eat at my soul until I can't see anything but the black. I feel completely, I feel deep. A part of me wishes I didn't, that I could pretend things are okay, turn a blind eye, shrug my shoulders and walk on. But it seems God made me to be a well.. A deep place for all my things to come hide, to reside until they feel safe to venture out on their own.

I think I'm pretty good at putting on a happy face. I'm really not sad all the time. Well, maybe I am but it is deep inside. The surface is happy and maybe we aren't supposed to find the inner core so often.. just maybe that is why it is hidden so far down.

I do know that the sadness I carry, makes me appreciate the happiness I can also feel. No, I'm not going to break out in a verse of "This little light of mine...." well darn it .. I guess I did but I didn't mean to.. laughs.. but it's true...

The brightest stars in the world aren't on a stage.. they are those of us that have been trapped in the dark. Sometimes over and over again, to occasionally break through as a symbol of hope, a sign of joy, a map for those still lost and trying to find their way.

No comments: