Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lies



My whole life is lies.

I am not a whole person. I am bits and pieces glued together with lousy glue. A little bit of heat, a little bit of cold, a little bit of anything and the pieces come apart again.

I keep trying to patch me together, but with anything broken, each time I'm repaired I become more and more fragile.

I'm sorry I let people down again. Lying, pretending to have answers for their problems when I have struggled all these years to find my own.

I wish I could be what I have pretended to be. I'm sorry I lied about what I am. I am not strong, I am not wise, I am not a success.. in any way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah my dear, beautiful Deesue. It takes more strength and courage to admit you aren't perfect than it ever has to say you are. As far as lying, no. You may have had more confidence in your answers previously than you do now, but never have you given an answer laced with a desire to mislead or hurt.

Yes, you are a person made up of lots of little pieces. But please remember you have friends at the ready with glue. I'm more than happy to glue for the rest of my life if need be. I know you would do the same for me. You are a good person, Dee. A person who has been through many struggles. A person who can't always find their smile. I real, honest, genuine person who I am blessed enough to call my friend.